Sunday, February 20, 2011

Leftover Embellishments into... Super Cute Hair Clips?

Yep! I showed you how to store those little embellishments, but what if you only have a couple left and you don't want to store them, you want to use them for something? Is there a little girl you know? If so, make her a super cute hair clip!

First I found some random clips that I had in the drawer. (My daughter does not ever manage to come home from school with both clips in her hair, so as you can see there is only one set, and a bunch of singles.)Then I found rhinestones, and other embellishments, and went to work.

Hairclip How To

I used E6000 Industrial Strength clear adhesive to glue the rhinestones and the snowflakes. To glue the flowers, I used regular hot glue. The snowflakes are actually leftover brads. To use them for the clips, I simply snipped off the "brad" parts on the back with wire cutters. Be sure to let the adhesive completely dry before opening the clips, or the embellishments will pop off.

Hairclips How To

Hairclips How To

I think they turned out really cute, and my daughter loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment