Sunday, February 20, 2011

Big Mistake = Big Time Saver!

So, the kids and I went to Costco yesterday, and as they were helping me bring all the groceries in the house our neighbor came by and we got to talking. Long story short, by the time I got in the house the kids had finished bringing everything in and had put it all away!!

I have to say, my kids are awesome, and they really do a LOT to help me!

Anyways, I didn't realize until this morning that the kids had put ALL the meat in the freezer. Now, I do freeze the meat, and save it for later use, but what they didn't realize was that I seperate it into portions, and THEN freeze it.

So, I had a 6 pound block of hamburger meat! At first I thought this was a bad thing... then I thought about it a little more.

I thawed out the big block of meat, and browned the entire thing. Then I seperated it into portions... and refroze it. Now, I have 6 pounds of meat in the freezer already cooked, and ready to be added to whatever meal I plan to make.

Talk about a huge time saver for those nights when we have stuff going on, when my husband is out to sea, or for when I just don't really feel like cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment