Monday, June 20, 2011

Pinwheel Embellishments


I have wanted to make little pinwheels to put on my cards and scrapbook pages, especially with summer coming up. So I decided to play with it, and let me tell you, they are super easy to make!


Start off will a little square of paper… it can be any size you want. I used a 3x3 here, but I think if I’m using them for cards I would actually want to make it a little smaller.

Double sided paper works best, but if the paper has a plain white backing, that will work too as you can see from the picture.


To start, cut halfway from each corner to the center point.




Next. place a small amount of adhesive in a corner and bring it to the center, pressing it into place. I like to use a little bit of the roll adhesive (I highly doubt that is the technical term, but you can see what I'm talking about in the pic), with a dab of glue on top. The roll adhesive will hold it in place while the glue dries.


For the center you can either cut a small slit using an Exacto knife, and add a brad like I did, or you could glue on a button, flower, rhinestone, etc.

If you are using the pinwheel on a scrapbook page or card, you could hide a small pop dot under the fold, and this will help it to keep its shape after it is place in your book, or envelope.

And there you have it… a cute little pinwheel embellishment.





McLinky Parties:

Keeping It Simple Making The Girl Creative

No comments:

Post a Comment