Thursday, February 28, 2013

Handwriting to Calligraphy

One of the easiest and most personal ways to make a title is to write it yourself. Of course most of the time our writing is not fancy enough, or perfect enough to be used for the title. One way of fancying it up (yes, I'm making up words now), is to use a calligraphy pen. If you are like me though, my calligraphy always looks like a 5 year old did it. So I learned a long time ago that I could make my regular handwriting look like calligraphy by just adding some thickness at the curves of the letters. This is actually REALLY easy, and very forgiving.

Start by writing your word, or words.

Draw lines around the curves as shown below. This will give you your width.

Now, just fill in between the lines. If your lines are not perfect, it's ok, you can go over them to adjust a little.

You can make your curves as subtle or as bold as you want. If you want your lines a little bolder, just add some width onto the curves as shown below.

There you go! You now have a title worthy of your beautiful pages.




No comments:

Post a Comment